“Writing and Marketing are two different things. As a writer, you must have worked hard…and you know how lonely the job of writing is…”
Today we have on our guest blog post, romance authorthe
Today she will be sharing her best selling techniques with us. So
Marketing Hacks for Authors – Simple Tips to Market Your First Book
Okay, so you’ve written a book. Now what? Promotion and Marketing…? Phew!
A mere thought of marketing is strong enough to crush all your thinking process. (Think of writing another book with that…)
Writing and Marketing are two different things. As a writer, you must have worked hard…and you know how lonely the job of writing is…
But you love it and it’s your love for writing you prefer spending time with your computer than being in any other recreational activity.
But the hard truth is once you’re ready with your finished book, you need to reach your readers.
You may have written the best book. Got a professional cover, Hired an editor… Is that enough for getting sales or reads. What’s missing?
The answer is simple. Your book is just another needle in the haystack, It’s just another book among millions of other books. Who will read it? Where are your readers? Where do they hang out? How to reach them?
How about creating a buzz about your book that your readers automatically get drawn towards it?
Yes, you got to create a buzz about your book.
Quickly here are some ways to create a pre-launch buzz about your book:
- Cover Choice/Reveal: Ask whats better…Reveal the cover of the book before it’s launch. You can do this on your social media pages as well as in Facebook groups and on Goodreads.
- Exclusive Excerpt Reveal: Release the blurb and a short excerpt of the book a week or two before its release. Share it on your social pages, Facebook groups, and Goodreads.
- Offer FREE first sample chapter: This could be used as a lead magnet also. Get an opt-in landing page done where people can fill up the form. In return, they will get a free chapter of your book even before its release. You can intimate them as soon as the book is LIVE. And believe me, they will be first ones to go and download your book.
I got many signups when I started offering the FREE first sample chapter of The Wedding Planner weeks’ before its release.(On my blog)
So there you go with the pre-launch buzz. Now, once the book is launched, you got to create some after-launch buzz to attract more and more readers.
- Reviews: Get as many reviews as possible. The more reviews you have, the more chances of your book getting noticed by Amazon as well by the readers. Never ever try to get paid reviews or use paid platforms for getting reviews. Amazon is very strict in its review policy. The moment they notice something dubious is going on, they will delete all your reviews. So keep it clean 😊
- Giveaways: As much as people love ebooks, there’s nothing that can beat the feel of a paperback. To draw more and more readers, set up a paperback giveaway for your book.
Setting Up a Giveaway: You can offer both Kindle and Paperback books. But with the arrival of Kindle Unlimited in India, Kindle ebooks are not much desired by the readers. So it’s the paperback that can help you build a genuine list of followers.
Paperback giveaways are also the best approach to attracting new readers to your book, gaining followers on social media and developing a fan base.
If your book is self-published, you can go for POD (Print on demand) services to have a paperback version of your book. With POD you can even get a single copy printed.
Bookwins.com is a site that helps authors set up their giveaways, totally FREE. For now, the site is offering only paperback giveaways but soon the Kindle books can also be considered for setting up the giveaways.
The site gives readers a great shopping experience. Where your books are sold for FREE. (Or as per pricing strategy)
The reader has to add the Free books to their carts and check out. And at the end of the giveaway (say if the giveaway is listed for a month), you can choose the winners through a lucky draw.
You will see how many people have entered, who are they, and where you have to ship them their free copies.
You only got to decide how many copies of print books you’re giving away.
Once done, you can advertise your giveaway on your social pages and various other facebook groups. Besides this, Bookwins.com does offer author promotion services – Including landing pages, list building, Blog development and how to write a great copy for your book ad.
So, if you feel a little inclined to know more about Bookwins.com and its giveaways, click the link below and share your experience with your pals.
These are all organic ways of buzz creation. There are many paid ways as well. For instance, you can go for blog tours, Facebook ad campaigns and submit your book to paid book promotion sites like Bookbub.
Whatever you decide, but keep in mind that the success of any book depends on a balanced mix of organic and paid reach to the readers.
That’s it for now.
To set up your first paperback Book Giveaway and reach your reader’s FREE click here:
Know more about the author
Mariyam Hasnain is the author of Bestsellers “The Wedding Planners and Renegade. When not writing and marketing her books she indulges in baking and reading. You can know more about her on http://mariyamhasnain.com/
Buying links of her latest release
The Wedding Planner