Yesterday I wrote about the charming lady, Anuroopa Basu. She is in her golden years and hails from Kolkata. I met her during my Kolkata Book tour. She is a member of Dignity Foundation. After reading my book she emailed me a four line feedback. We exchanged mails from then on.
Recently, I informed her about my upcoming book, a collection of short stories on jungle theme. She immediately replied saying she would love to read about the jungles of Chhattisgarh. That reply gave me a new push to finish the book soon. I am so thankful to Anuroopa di as I think, that’s how writers are encouraged by the readers. Thank you so much. We really need that.
“Everybody has a story to tell”, is the theme of my Chat ‘n’ Coffee session. And I am overwhelmed to share with you all, Anuroopa Basu’s story. Though it is pretty short, yet it really talks about the effort she has put in to connect with us.
- Tell us about yourself.
- On your birthday, what gift would you prefer?
Books or flowers.
- Which is your favorite destination and why?
I am in love with the Himalayas. I always want to go back.
- What is your take on books/ movies/music? Any favorites?
- What is that one thing that you miss so much in life?
- Share an experience that is turning point in your life.
- How would you describe your better half or dearest person?
A cool and composed person.
- Given a chance, what is that one thing that you would love to change in your life?
I do not want to change anything.
- Any message that you would like to give to the readers?